CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Uh Oh....


Being responsible is not a gift, it's a curse. When you're responsible, you actually need excuses for being late, you feel bad when you don't turn in a paper, and you get roped into managing things like a talent show for your Temple.

Yep, li'l ole me was told that I was helping manage a talent show. I was like, "ok..." sincerely vowing in my head that I would ot do any work because I'd already done it two years in a row! In the end, me and a couple others were the ones that ran the whole thing.
On the day of the talent show, our manager, Rebecca, went into labor. 'whoppee for her, but hey, we have a talent show to run! Why couldn't she just squeeze her legs together and suck it up?' No, don't worry, I didn't think that. But it definitely put a dent in my plans for a smooth night.
My hopes were squashed again when I got to temple and Ed wasn't there.
"Where's Ed?"
"I dunno."
"Isn't this his bar-mitzvah project?" (btw, he didn't do anything for it)
"Yep."
So there we were without our manager, and the guy who's supposed to get all the credit doesn't even bother to show up.
"Thank Goodness Brianna's here at least, for our stage crew," I thought. Wait, was that in present tense? I should've known to make it past, because about halfway through the service Brianna's mom caught him skipping services and carted him back home, smoke coming out of her ears like a normal mother. Our numbers were fast dwindling.
I managed to make it through the rest of the service without panicking, and then it was time to round up the performers. One, two, three, four... where were the Smiths?
"Uh, does anyone know where our other two acts are?"
"Nope."
Just great.

4 comments:

Vizarya said...

D:

Whoa snaps!

Talk about a bad day... at least you didn't have to make the whole thing from scratch? D:

Oh no, I'm so sorry you had to go through such a day like that!

Well, at least we all got something good from this. You can survive a day of that and still have a cool head. That's a start... at least you know you don't fall to pieces at the first sign of necessary leadership.

Donna said...

First off I want to thank you for visiting my blog and commmenting on my colorful zentangles.
I came over here to see what your blog is all about. I enjoyed the reading very much!
Sounds as though you had a harrowing day and still made the very best of it! You lead very well!
I shall come again to read your blog!

Maria Sondule said...

It wasn't really a bad day. I was going for more of an exasperated but laughing in frustration kind of thing. (epic fail, I guess)
Thank you for your kind words, both of you!

Anonymous said...

It also depends on the subject of responsibility.