
Often I don't let my mother know how much she means to me. 'Tis a sad thing, but through the year I get so caught up in my activities and keep trying to get away from the world... So now I shall take a moment to honor she to whom I owe so much.
Every day my mother works long hours in front of the computer trying to estimate stuff. My own brain would be fried if I spent more than a couple hours online, but somehow she does it for 4 or 5. She also keeps our family organized. Our calendar on the kitchen wall, oh what would we do without it?? And she has to look at the calendar and plan out her day based on where she's going to drive us. AND she drives us everywhere without complaining.
She cooks us dinner almost every night, except when my dad does it.
She supports us when need lifting up. (once she even spent half an hour proofreading a paper I wrote)
She is also Christian, something that I usually don't realize the consequence of. See, all my siblings and my dad are Jewish. She has never faltered in her Christian faith and she is very tolerant of all our views. In fact, on Passover, she tries to keep kosher along with the rest of us. Because she participates so happily in all our Jewish rituals, I don't really think about how strong and clear-minded she must be to be able to live with this every day.
THANK YOU MOM!!



5 comments:
We celebrate it on the first Sunday of May. Anyway happy Mother's Day to her!
Happy Mother's Day! I think that's true for all of us, we don't appreciate our mothers who really do so much for her.
Yay for mothers! It's helpful to reflect on just how much mothers do for us, especially when we don't appreciate them enough.
Maria, what a beautiful tribute to your mom. You are blessed. You have one of the best! Tell her I miss her and Happy Mother's Day.
This is a beautiful tribute to your mother. I'm only good at poems... but this piece truly speaks more than my tiny poem ever will. Everyone else's attempts to commemorate the day have turned out to be far more enlightening than mine.
It's wonderful that you also have a mom who goes through so much to show how much she cares about her family. :D Sometimes, just acknowledging the reality as it is, even when you haven't truly seen it for face value before, can be the most rewarding.
Could you wish her a belated Happy Mother's Day for me when you get the chance, please?
Post a Comment