CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Semi Part 2

CONT'D FROM SEMI PART 1: THIS STARTS AT ABBY'S HOUSE RIGHT AFTER DINNER

We took a few pictures (which I might post once I can get them into photoshop and get rid of faces and such) and then drove to the dance. Ginger and I almost immediately split off from Abby and Evan, and managed to find David and his group of single guys. We wandered around for a while, bumping awkwardly into people (but not that awkwardly) until around 9:30, when Ginger suddenly decided that yes, he did want to dance! 
"I can't dance, just saying," he warned me, but I can't either so it was alright. We managed fine, and stuck with David's group, even when it moved right up to the front. Ginger kept saying I was pretty. 
"You look really nice in your dress," David said once, and Ginger replied, "Are you kidding? She looks amazing! 'Really nice'... dude..."
"Clever, Ginger." David smiled.
We danced, we dance danced, and we slow danced. I kinda rested my head on his chest, he used my head as a chin rest, and we swayed serenely back and forth. Never mind that no one else was around us. Never mind that it wasn't a slow song. Never mind that we were at the very front of the room right next to the DJ. 
Near the end of the dance I learned once again that guys are completely oblivious and impervious to all hints, whether subtle or not. I stood on my toes so we were more even in height, I kissed him on the cheek, I looked right at him instead of over his shoulder, and a bunch other body language things that were small but added up to: well, you get it, right? He kept looking up at the ceiling like he expected golden coins to fall from the sky or something. I was like, 'ok, so much for him liking me,' but I think he was just nervous. Thankfully, he eventually got it... (and no, I don't know what song it was) 
Then the dance ended and we left. 
"That was pretty much the best night of my life," Ginger said, being his usual sweet self. I shook my head and laughed to myself.
We got in his car and his parents were really nice; they even knew my name! I gave them directions and was dropped off at precisely 11:24 PM. I finally drifted to sleep around 1 or 2. 
Ahhhhhhh.....

4 comments:

Zany said...

Sounds like a beautiful night. Glad you had fun :).

Vizarya said...

*sighs happily* What a wonderful evening you've had!

Haha, Ginger doesn't seem afraid to give praise where it's due :P And yay for David knowing to take the praise the right way.

If Ginger took all the trouble to make your night a splendid one, I think I am most especially happy for you XD

WOOHOO for awesome days!

Anonymous said...

it sounds so nice! lol. "at precisely 11:24..." i never remember specific things for dances and things because it seems like it always goes so fast. sigh. good times.

Anonymous said...

You are quite protective about your photos. I don't really remeber whether you have posted your photos here.