
Today I saw our school's annual talent show, featuring kids from all parts of the school performing and showing off their talents. A large portion of the Anne of Green Gables cast performed, and did so very well. But there was one girl who I thought stood out. Her name is Patricia, and she's in my orchestra class. She's shy, kind, sort of quiet, a very good violin player... Patricia has long black hair that usually hides her face, and she likes wearing long-sleeves.
Imagine my surprise when the emcees announced,
"And next, Patricia C, doing a Chinese dance routine!"
The curtain opened, and there she was, decked out in a light-green, glittery costume that exposed her stomach. my mouth literally dropped open as I marvelled at the transformation on stage.
"Did they say Patricia??" I whispered to my friend.
The dance started, and my lithe orchestra companion twirled her way across the stage, impressing us with some surely modern moves as well as more traditional-looking things. She looked very tall and elegant in her costume and her hair was tied back in a bun. (muy bonito) It was very well done, and very outgoing, I thought.
Who would've guessed that Patricia would come out of her shell in front of the whole school? Kudos to her, and let that be a lesson for all of you who think you're too shy to shine.



7 comments:
Question: why didn't you change her name like you usually do? It's not a big deal; I'm just wondering...
Anyway, it's nice to see her hidden talent! Hopefully, she can inspire all of us to step out of our comfort zones.
Well, I know that I'm never going to mention her name again, so it seemed rather pointless. I try to change the names of people I think I'll have a lot to say about, though.
It's always a special wonder to witness another mystical side of people that we don't usually get to see. :)
I wish I could've come to see it with you! I think it would be a far more moving experience had I known her beforehand, though...
Hm. We are ever capable of surprising one another XD
hey! thats awesome about the preformance! Bravo to the Anne cast as well...Im not sure where you are from but it was nice to see a bit of home culture on your blog!
Thanks for stopping by mine and commenting :)
I like finding out about people's mysterious sides.
Liv Tyler proclaimed on the Letterman show that she is very shy. I find that some people are maybe shy in person, but their hidden talent, be it acting, singing or dancing, in some mysterious way liberates them.
Zany, you're SO right!
I'm actually quite shy, I just dabble in the creative arts (be it singing, dancing, acting, playing instruments, the like...) because they let me be something else in a different way that I am comfortable with.
It's nice having some mode of creativity on which to lean on.
Post a Comment