Tonight at sundown marks the beginning of a very insignificant Jewish holiday, Hannukah. Spell Check says I spelled that wrong, and it's no surprise, because there are probably 10 different ways to spell Channukah. Anyway, Hannukkah is really no big deal in the Jewish world. Here in this country it's commercialized because of the close vicinity of Christmas. Good things come out of this, like more presents, but one downside is that now nobody knows about any Jewish holidays besides Channukkah.
Yom Kippur is probably the most sacred day out of the whole year.
Today after Sunday school there was a Hanukkah party for the little kids, consisting of dreidle, (I don't know how to spell that either) latkes, (basically round french fries), and sing-along songs. Alena and I ditched and went to the youth lounge in the temple, of course. We sat for an hour conversing about brass instruments, which apparently are obnoxiously loud.
In other news, Beau has my address. :-s I hope he doesn't spontaneously decide to pop by or something- that would make my parents irate, no doubt. I didn't specifically invite him over, but I didn't tell him not to come either. Beau at my house... what a strange thought.



5 comments:
Happy Hanukkah (so spell-check says there should be two "k"s, not two "h"s, curious...)!
You're hoping Beau will show up anyway, aren't you. 'Cause if he did, it would be really sweet =]
Well, of course I would love it if he showed up. I haven't seen him for a month and there were so many times when I wished I could just cuddle up next to him and not think about anything. And there are so many things I just can't say over text.
*sings a hanukkah song*
Lots of latkes...
Happy Hanukkah to you too! I would totally celebrate it, but my parents would think I have a problem (which I already do... :D). And yes, it is spelled with two "k"s, but whatever. It doesn't matter.
HAPPY BELATED HANNUKKAH!!!
Well, there is prolly one official way to spell it, but I've seen many spellings all over the place. And you SHOULD celebrate Hanukkah! Who can turn down free presents and gambling games?
Zany: LOL, it's not belated, because Hanukkah lasts 8 days. So it's still Hanukkah right now... Thank you very much! =D
Post a Comment