CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

The night seems to fold in upon me like a soft fleece blanket. Outside I can see the moon, watching without the harsh glare of the sun. It must be cold out there, but here in my room I snuggle deeper into my warm covers and slowly exhale. That's it, unwind. Tense muscles unclench and my teeth stop chattering. Songs play in my head like a broken record. Only Time, Angels, Memories... bounce bounce bounce around in a soft pattern of chords. 

Downstairs there is the sound of a naughty child, up to see if Santa's arrived yet- does she have to hurry him along perhaps? Pitter patter go her footsteps as she scurries to look at presents. Is there a pile stretching all the way into the middle of the floor from the Christmas tree? With our relatives, that's always the case, because of the sheer number of people. Somehow, bundled up and half-asleep, I can't think the words to this thought. Too..... *yawn* hard to think....

All the people I love are in my dreams, holding me and giving me a chance to show them I care. Spring is there, Timothy stands somewhere close, Melinda laughs behind me, Brianna hugs me for a moment before disappearing, and Beau arrives late, somehow kissing me on the cheek when he doesn't have a face.

5 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

Ah, lovely imagery. =D Merry Christmas!

Vizarya said...

I find it wonderful you can compose something as relate-able as this even when you are not well. I don't think I'd have the patience to write something as good when running a fever <_<

Zany said...

Interesting blog! Happy Christmas (as they say it here in Britain :D).

Anonymous said...

This sounds so cozy.

Anonymous said...

Merry belated Christmas, but some of your bosts were deleted, weren't they?