CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crystal Violins

Listen to English Folk Song Suite, which I have added to my playlist. Our string orchestra played it yesterday in our concert. We rushed very badly. *sheepish grin*


Orchestra

A larghetto ribbon of sound
tickles my ear,
sweetly silkily sighing
from a soft stroke,
flowing, flying a
flightless flight across
a watery starlit moon
and through a wispy
forest of willow trees…
waltzing…
dying on a piece of star.

This is part of my coffeehouse piece. I thought it was appropriate for this post. 
Anyway, the concert was an unforgettable experience in itself. I arrived with my bulky instrument at 6:30 and went to the chorus room, where who happened to be there but JZ! (an amazing short bundle of joy) Hugs ensued. 
Our performance went well, I thought. Phil played all the solos beautifully, and nobody had any squeaky harmonics. If any of you have ever played in an orchestra, you know how magnificent the sound is. When it's soft and sweet, you want to cry, and when it's loud and angry, you want to get up and stamp your foot. Beauty without color. 

7 comments:

Zany said...

Cool. You can write poetry and play an instrument!!!

changetheworld360 said...

Ah, I'm sure it was fine. Wind Ensemble on the other hand, bleh. Mr. B. keeps saying we sound "poopy", and our concert is coming up the first week of January. I love how you describe music, although I think it does have a lot of color, but the musician has to create it, sort of like painting a canvas.

Vizarya said...

What a compelling title... "Crystal Violins". So many facets and shades in a rainbowfall of every imaginable color and tone! You can almost hear the ringing notes filling the silence - piercing the suffocating air with pure notes of heavenly sound! Ah, well - the title says it all.

The music selection was very nice - and I especially enjoy the way you described it in a lovely poem/tidbit :D

Your orchestra may have rushed - but I'm sure you all must have sounded wonderful all the same ^_^

Maria Sondule said...

Nooo! Ann Michelle has written a comment that outshines my entire post!
Thank you. I think we sounded ok. Rushing did nothing to help that, though.

Vizarya said...

@_@ My comment doesn't outshine your entire post in any way at all! D:

Maria Sondule said...

"piercing the suffocating air with pure notes of heavenly sound" vs. "beauty without color"
Uh, I think you win.

Vizarya said...

You're in denial =P My comment wouldn't even exist without the implications and insinuations of your post - therefore, it totally cancels whatever good my comment would create.