CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Santa,

Even though I know you aren't real, I figure a letter to you would be a good way to get a writers' notebook entry out of the way. And I can be greedy without actually being greedy. 

So. First of all, I think I've been a good kid this year. Let's see, I helped coordinate that charity concert, and the music for that event. I joined Key Club, which is a charity organization, and became a board member of OY at my temple. I went on my first date, had my first kiss (which remains the second best day of my life), and I didn't strangle Timothy. I put my prejudices aside and fell in love with Brianna, and I think I was pretty nice to him. Breaking up with him doesn't make me a bad person, right? 
So assuming that I'm not on the "naughty" list, I would like to ask for some gifts that you can never give. 
I would like, Monsieur Claus, for Timothy to genuinely care about me. I love him as a friend, and it makes me so sad that he's just being nice because... well, I don't really know. I really try to be nice to him, but I don't succeed, and I think part of that is due to the fact that I still partly hate him. (and that hate stems out of love, of course) 
I would also like to see Beau again. He's so sweet and kind and he's everything I could ask for. Today we were texting and he said he wished he lived close to me so he could give me a real hug. I don't even remember the nuances of his face.
I would desperately like to see Spring over Christmas! We always spend Christmas together, and it wouldn't feel right without her. As much as I love my immediate family, I would give up time with them to spend Christmas with Spring, only because we don't get to see each other enough. 
And I want to see Ann Michelle again. =) Who wouldn't? She's one of the nicest people I've ever met. 
For Ed I would like to find the perfect gift. He's had a birthday and a bar mitzvah and I haven't given him anything! Then again, he says it's good enough to get to see me... I still feel guilty.
Lastly, I want to talk to Brianna. This is the easiest gift to give, but it also means the least. Truthfully, I just want to yell at him and get into a fight that I end up winning. 

What would you ask for? (and this means the readers as well)

From, Maria

7 comments:

Zany said...

I like the idea of writing to Santa. I think it's very cute :). I hope you get what you asked for :).

Maria Sondule said...

*comments so that Zany's comment will not be all alone :-(*

Zany said...

Awww...thanks for giving me company Maria :).

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I haven't written letters like that for a whil.e

Vizarya said...

Goodness... I don't ever remember writing a letter to Santa! That is so strange. It sounds like something I would've already done by now.

Well, yay! You've been fairly good from what I can see - you're definitely very active. I do hope the things you asked for come your way sometime soon :D I certainly can't wait to see you again ^_~

Maria Sondule said...

very active, yes.. *cough* I don't have half as much stuff to do each day as you do. It's usually only one thing per day, which leaves me lots of time to loaf around.

Vizarya said...

Meh! I am just someone stuck with work to do seemingly every day -.-;