This saturday (Ed's b-day but I refused to give him a present because I'm mad at him) our debate team went to a very important tournament: CU. It was SO important, in fact, that everyone had to get up at 5:30 in order to make it on time. The bus ride there took an hour and a half, during which time I stared out the window.
While we were riding along the highway, my eye caught a most peculiar sight. Rising up out of the forrest, a long ways away, was a flame. Obviously not a real flame, much bigger, but it was literally one slender column of fire rising out of the trees and flickering like it was perched upon a candle. Very strange.
But more strange was that when we got to the university, it was snowing. Since when does it snow in December here? I mean, it's usually cold enough, but the weather seems to stay at slush all winter
We hurried through the snowfall into the main campus building. I was right behind Jack, a debater who is known for being... snooty, shall we say? He is very tall and thin and he has a soft, kind voice, but he thinks he's better than everyone else because he knows so much about stuff, and he likes to show off. In rounds, he all but says "my opponent is an idiot." It's rather annoying and I don't particularly like him. However, he wins 90% of his rounds.
Next to me was Latika, a girl who is very talkative and sounds EXACTLY like the stereotypical popular girl they use on Disney Channel.
"Oh my god, doesn't he look amazing in a suit?" She whispered to me.
"Who?"
"Jack!"
"Uh..." we were inside, taking off our coats and such. I looked Jack up and down.
"Sure? You know he has a girlfriend, right?"
"Oh, I don't like him. I just think he looks amazing in a suit."
"Ok..."



3 comments:
What does CU stand for?
And wow, you've seen a lot of strange things simply in GETTING to your destination <_<
Nice intro, too - very descriptive and to the point. You outline the main characters and set up the stage for something grand ^_^
I can't tell you what it stands for- remember, I have to maintain my secret shroud of anonimity (can't spell that right, apparently) ;)
Thanks! I was trying to get everything down because I'd had a really good time and I didn't want to lose any of it.
*grins* Ah, I understand the need for veiled anonymity only too well.
AND that need to set an event to paper for the sake of remembering XD
Post a Comment