CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month. (get the title now?) Basically it's a contest open to people of all ages to write a 50,000 word novel in ONE month- in this case, November. Two of my friends are participating, so I decided to join- after all, I love writing, and maybe we can help each other on our novels. It will entail about 5 and a half pages of writing a day, double spaced if typed on a computer, every day. So I have decided that I will attempt to get as much done as I can, but if I fall behind I won't make myself stay up until 3 in the morning working on a plot that just won't work.

I encourage everyone who likes to write to give this contest a shot- who knows, maybe you'll turn out something you really like!
In particular, Ann Michelle and Jenny, I think you might enjoy something like this. You're both busy, of course, but I thought you would like to know.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sorry but I have no talent, time, inspiration for that. Probably novels will be my diploma works about economy. :P

Anonymous said...

I AM DOING IT!

Thanks for letting me know!

My username is wide-eyed-starcrossed on the NaNoWriMo site!

Good luck with your novel!

Imogen said...

I'm taking part in this too. I signed up in August. Even though I am only 13 I still chose to do the hard competion (there's a kiddie one for under 18's I think) gulp. Do you have to write in double spacing? My username is Loving_Life. WE could be buddies. yay! I'm really looking forward to this!

Burndtree said...

Hi, Maria.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply: busy at work.

Good luck to you - and have fun with your NaNo!

neonina05 said...

Awesome! Another NaNo!

My username is quintessajazz. It'd be great if you could "friend" me on there, so we could follow each other's wordcount. =D

Maria Sondule said...

Hey, I added you guys as buddies on the NaNo website. However, I do not have constant access to a computer so I probably won't type as much as I should into the computer. My goal is to just write and see what I come up with.
Good luck with your novels, guys!

Anonymous said...

WOW. I THINK I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHAT NANOWRIMO WAS SINCE LAST YEAR. I just never bothered to research..

I wish I had enough commitment to do something like this. Good luck to all of you!

changetheworld360 said...

I agree with kibberon. Best of luck to all of you! I'm sure you're all much more talented than I.

Vizarya said...

Happy belated Halloween and NaNoWriMo!

Haha, I actually heard about this contest last year because my friend was working hard at it then... I did, in fact, sign up months before the date this time around - but YAY! Another fellow NaNoWriMoer! Thank you for thinking of me in this ^_^;