Readers: The following poem is what I wrote in response to an assignment for my creative writing class. We looked at a post-secret picture (if you don't know what that is, try going to postsecret.com, it's really cool) and had to write a response to it. My postsecret said, "I'm ashamed, I hated her for dying."
I would really like some critique on this poem before I turn it in.
And no, it is not cheating, because my teacher encouraged us to get it critiqued.
Also, I'm in need of a title, so if you have any suggestions... :)
Death.
Pearl-drop death
squeezed so painfully
and precisely
onto my microscope slide-
Death has a name:
Cindy.
Cindy, mother-
Devil worshiper!
I-
I am
a Devil worshiper!
I got into the forest at night
to drink of dead fish eyes,
kneeling before black and shriveled fern fronds,
placing my forehead upon the soft earth
scented from a night rain.
Digging my claws
into dirt flesh
that clings to my face like leeches,
groping in the underpinnings
of the dusty frost,
screaming into my belly
for retribution.
"A day too late,
A day too late!"
Flinging aside darkness after darkness
until
the stars shine crimson.



4 comments:
This is amazing!!! Here's a title to throw around: "A Crimson-Black Pearl." It doesn't quite capture the beauty and horror of the poem, but it was the best I could come up with. Keep up the good work!
I has been dating with a girl for a while and I watched it with her.
oh, wow! That is sooooo beautiful! For a title....err....I don't know. How about
Pearl Death
Dark Pearl
Dark Death
Cindy
...or something like that. Sorry they arn't that good. Maybe they'll inspire you or something. Great blog by the way!
You know, I'd never tell the connection between this and the post-secret had you not mentioned it.
Wonderful imagery...
Titles escape my wandering eyes. The first line was fine enough for me - although I do think I like Eric's title suggestion XD
Post a Comment