CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Homecoming Part 1


So. Homecoming. Well, you all know that homecoming really starts way before the dance; truthfully, when the dress is bought. But my dress was being re-used, so I will spare you that part of the story.

MY homecoming experience started at apprximately 1:00 PM when I went to get my hair done. They pinned it up in elaborate curls (later, when I took it down, I counted 24 bobby pins and my hair was a beautiful mass of waves).
We went to pick up the flower right after that and it was a single white rose.
At 4:30 I put on my dress (dark green) and posed in front of the mirror for a while in order to ensure a plethora of astounding photos. Mom took some of my hair and just me until around 5, when I grabbed all my stuff and we drove off to meet Ginger. His mom fawned over my dress (I found out later she was stalling for time, as Ginger was still putting on his suit), even though I thought I looked ugly in it. She kept looking at my shoes, which didn't quite match. The reason I was wearing flats with straps, I wanted to explain, was because I didn't want my shoes to come off while we were dancing and I didn't want my feet to hurt in heels.
Anyway, we took a bajillion pictures at Ginger's house and then his parents drove us over to Grazie's, an Italian restaurant. We met Alfonso (a friend from Spanish) and his girlfriend there (they both looked amazing, btw) and took pictures outside in the freezing rain. There was another Homecoming group there too, comprised of about 20 people. It felt a little awkward in our group of four sitting next to them, but we managed to have good conversation anyhow.

1 comments:

Vizarya said...

I have never been to Homecoming. I figure, at my school, it's basically the same every year. I might go my Senior year because of that XD The first time can be the most fun since there isn't much to be expected, I think :) I could be wrong.

"His mom fawned over my dress (I found out later she was stalling for time, as Ginger was still putting on his suit)" Wow.

"even though I thought I looked ugly in it." - Uh, hello? Earth to Maria *Waves hands in front of your eyes and makes huge pinwheely motions to get your attention* You looked AMAZING!!

A bajillion pictures = not even NEAR enough XD