
Yesterday I went horseback riding for the first time in my life. My friend was turning eighteen and she took us out to her ranch to go on some trails. So, we arrived at the stable and they gave us some horses to ride on. Mine was a dappled gray horse named Hobbes, and he seemed like he had asthma or something. I never really got control of him either. He just instinctively knew where to go and what to do, so he went the right way even if I told him not to.
Later I told Alena, who rides horses, that it was surprising how alive they were. She was like, "um, what did you expect? That they would keel over?"
But it was strange. I guess I just assumed that I could make the horse do what I wanted with ease, like a car, but it wasn't that way. And it was weird feeling Hobbes' muscles move under me as he walked.
I really enjoyed the experience, and I encourage everyone to try it, because it's an amazing feeling.



7 comments:
What does your title refer to? I'm not making the connection <_<
Lol! And that was kind of funny what Alena ended up saying. I read the part where you said "it was surprising how alive [the horses] were" and cracked up laughing XD That was wonderful.
I always thought horseback riding felt a bit odd at first - when I watch people riding horses, the people bounce and the muscles of the horse flex so magnificently, I kind of figured.
I always wanted to go horseback riding. I've sat on one tiny horse before (since I was tiny myself), but that was more for a photo op than anything else. So, nyeh. You are SO, so lucky to have gone :D
My first time meant also the last time for sure.
I could never give it up...the more you do it the more you will want to for sure!
I went on a trail ride once. My horse was MASSIVE, and his name was something lke Clumsy, which sorta suited him! It's so bumpy when they trot though, I had a sore behind for ages after..
aww thats awesome, yeah i live on a farm with about 10 horses. they don't amaze me much because i see them everyday but riding them is really a blast. surprisingly enough i haven't riden one in a few years :/ haha
Ann Michelle: The title refers to Calvin and Hobbes, the BEST comic book ever! My horse was named Hobbes, so I thought of Calvin.
Oh! Wow, I've heard of that comic book before... Okay. That makes sense.
Post a Comment