CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Extracting Wisdom


Today I went to the dentist and they told me I have to get my wisdom teeth out. (whimper) I have gotten 4 teeth out before, and each time was reminded of my low tolerance for pain. My first two teeth I got pulled were baby teeth, so they were ok. Not even any blood. When I got older, I got two upper teeth taken out as well, by some random dentist dude. I asked for novocaine, which I got injected into my upper gum, and it was supposed to make my teeth numb. However, I could still feel my teeth being ripped out and it HURT.

Getting wisdom teeth out requires anesthesia that will knock me out for a while... I remember last time I was too scared to do that because I was sure I would wake up in the middle of the surgery and I would toss about and cause the knife or whatever they use to cut something it shouldn't, or that I would wake up and the pain would be unbearable because I wouldn't have novocaine.
Anyway, comments, experiences would help so I can "man up" and get over my fear before I actually have to get the surgery.
http://stemcellumbilicalcordblood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/teeth-stem-cells.jpg

2 comments:

Hannah Mary said...

well I once had to get this big mole removed... kind of gross but anyway... This mole on my cheek was about the size of a penny (MUCH larger than other moles) so it did take up a lot of skin. I went in for surgery and I was awake! Even though I saw a lot of blood I didn't feel a thing :) don't worry, doctors know what they are doing for their patients. :) good luck!! don't worry.

Vizarya said...

O_O Oh goodness. I have yet to get any of my teeth pulled professionally by anyone. Er, so, I'm not the best person to dole out the advice here D: Sorry...

Anyway, I'm sure things will go fine. At worst, you'll probably just look like an adorable chipmunk for a bit. :D So smile - it'll all be over before you know it.