CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't Make me Change my Mind

Don't you love budding romances? The tingling you feel when your crush takes your hand for the first time, the secret smiles, the thoughts bombarding your mind as you lean in close to kiss and you wonder, "Am I really sure that he likes me?"

And where better to experience these things than at a dance? In fact, dances are practically an extension of cupid himself. The girls are extra pretty, the guys are extra handsome, the room is charged with passion from the music, people are packed practically back-to-back on the dance floor, and in order to stay with your date you usually have to grab his/her hand at least once.
The point is, dances offer the perfect micro-environment for falling in love. But what about falling in love-again?
This year, I have managed somehow to keep Ginger interesting in me for 4 and a half months, so we are going to our second dance together this saturday. Homecoming. I am excited to go with him and spend the extra time together, but I wonder if this time around it won't be as special. There is no nerve-wracking obsession over what will happen or whether he likes me, and no fearful excitement to punctuate the atmosphere. I miss that excitement. It makes life interesting.
However, I'll be at a dance with someone I am certain I can enjoy the company of, which has truthfully never before been the case. Maybe the spark will come not from something new but from something old. And maybe- just maybe- I'll find myself falling in love all over again for the first time.

2 comments:

Hannah Mary said...

have fun! love the one you're with but don't forget to love yourself a littlllee more :) homecoming is always a good night.

Kate said...

what a lovely post :)

enjoy yourself! x