CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

Dear Maria,

If I could give you one thing, I would give you the ability to see yourself as others see you. Then you would realize what a truly amazing person you are. 
Ginger

"I went to Borders to buy your present-"
"You got me a present??"
"And they asked me what I wanted. A book, duh. So they asked if you liked Harry Potter and they recommended this."
"You went to Borders just to buy me a present????"
"I thought it was pretty good."
"You really spent your time and money getting me a present????????"
"Yes..."


9 comments:

Zany said...

So I take it you had a good birthday :D? Like the new background, it looks very retro.

Vizarya said...

:D

*squeals just cuz*

YAY! What book was it, btw?

Maria Sondule said...

Tales of Beedle the Bard. Even though it's sort of a kids book, I did like it.

Vizarya said...

<_< What, they actually made a book...? Whoa. I had almost entirely forgotten - some kid at school brought it in one day.

Is it really full of tales about Beedle the Bard?

Maria Sondule said...

It has four tales in it, each one accompanied with commentary by Dumbledore. He makes comments like "clever witches and wizards..." and then adds a footnote to explain, "such as myself." Lol.

Vizarya said...

XD That's pretty cool~
How thoughtful :D

Maria Sondule said...

Sigh. I only wish I could live up to his high opinion...

Vizarya said...

You get that feeling, too? That someone is just making you to be something you're pretty sure you aren't entirely are?

Maybe you really are as good and worthy in their eyes. You've just dealt with that deeper sense of you more than them... we tend to remember the faults more - they last. Give him a chance. Every now and then someone comes along to remind you how beautiful a person you truly are once you have learned from the mistakes you're bound to make.

Maria Sondule said...

Yeah. It's kind of worrying, because I always feel like I need to work hard to please that person, but in the end they like me anyway.
Unfortunately, once they really get to know you and see that ugly side, they can look at your faults too and truly decide what kind of person you are. (eeps, scary thought)
I am indeed giving him a chance. I'm giving him a very good chance, because he's grown on me, just as I predicted.