CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Hey, Ginger

What's up? Anything new?

You know, it's kind of funny how even though I'm sitting next to you, your eyes flit to me. I'm not even saying anything! I mean, I'm used to it because usually I sit across from you, so obviously you would be looking in my direction. Now....?
Hey Ginger, did you get a haircut? Duh, I noticed, who doesn't notice flaming red hair? No, I don't really like it. It makes your head look kinda square. Hey! No stealing my lunch bag! Lol, sure you can write something on it. 
Hey Ginger, what does this mean? "tu es très jolie?" C'mon, tell me! You wrote it on my lunchbag, remember. Huh. Well, anyway, I guess I don't really want to know. It's probably some insult. I still remember what "bete" means. *laughs* Ya know, I think it's cool that you take French. A lot of girls take French, not so much the guys. You're changing it up a little.
This weekend? Me? Yep, I'm busy. REALLY busy, with.... stuff. Jewish stuff. 
(what was that? What just happened here? Is he making fun of me?)

8 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

Btw (as a Francophone, I have to correct you): it's tu es. êtes is the second person plural form. :)
Anyway, I like this conversational style of writing. It really reads like an everyday conversation that everyone can relate to. When I read it, I immediately imagined an awkward school conversation with an equally awkward guy. X]

Zany said...

I like your narrative style. The conversation seemed very real to me.

Maria Sondule said...

Sorry. I'm sure he wrote it correctly, but his handwriting is hard to read and I didn't have the paper in front of me to read from.

Thanks! Just noting, this conversation did happen, although I edited it.

Anonymous said...

Thank God, I don't have lunch bag!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Was that a "real" conversation- in your head perhaps?

I love EVERYTHING French!
French fries, French bread, French dressing, French kisses! Boy, those French have lot's of good food- The kisses must be for dessert?! ;^)

Actually IMHO it's one of the most beautiful languages to hear spoken. Especially by a woman- hey, I'm a man for crap sake, wuddaya expect!!!!

Ugh- I just read it was an actual conversation- so of course I had to come back to edit.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

PS- Happy Passover! Enjoy your Ceder. Wait, isn't that the apple drink?! I CAN'T SPELL! It doesn't matter, I think you know what I mean. :-)

Maria Sondule said...

Lol, I think French kisses are rather more sweet than any dessert...
Thanks! The seder was fun this year, esp since I invited my non-Jewish friend. XD

Vizarya said...

Hm, interesting style. Definitely like my wild train of thought on any given day XD