CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

100 Words, No Repeats

Tonight: tranquility, two guests, wine, charoset, cardboard. This Jewish holiday brings people together. Last year, celebrated in anxious relief, we buried tradition.  Now, friends from everywhere gather. Matzah sits silently, skeptically, watching Mother prepare salmon. 

"Fish??" 
Yes, because nothing beats different.
Seder plates hold white lamb bone, parsley, an egg, apples, and maror (bitter herbs). Seeing all, one may recall Exodus stories, written before our time. "Dayeinu!" everyone sings happily. Songs enrich Pesah, right?
After dinner, children search meticulously for the Afikomen, hidden dessert. 
"Under here? Over there?" they shout. "FOUND IT!!!" That earns a dollar.
I love Passover.

5 comments:

Zany said...

Have a happy foody Passover :).

Anonymous said...

"People" is repeated.

Maria Sondule said...

Thanks. I missed that.

Vizarya said...

XD I would do something like this if normal posts/pieces didn't take me forever and a day to come up with :3

changetheworld360 said...

I love holidays. :) Happy Passover!