I was at lunch sitting next to David, and he started talking about Semi. So I decided to get it over with and ask him if he would go with me. Since I couldn't talk, I tried to use hand signals. (a note, I definitely would've been too nervous to ask him talking, so it was good that I had an excuse not to speak) He thought I was telling him to throw something away, so then I tried writing it out. "Who're you going to semi with?" I asked in my notebook. He took my pen (even though he was allowed to speak) and wrote an X. "Go w/ me?" were my next words.
"I'm sure there's someone in your grade who want to go with you," he said, eyeing Ginger.
I shook my head violently (to get the point across) and wrote, "I don't want to go with them."
So then David sighed and turned me down, just like I thought he would. Turns out he wants to go with some specific girl that he really likes.
I left lunch feeling slightly downcast, but Ginger (again, girl's name, but he is Ginger because he has red hair) accompanied me to my next class. Right before I had to turn to a different hall, he took my notebook and asked me to Semi.
I said yes.
About 10 minutes ago he called me and asked me what Semi was though. (apparently he didn't know anything about it except that it was a dance) I hope he'll be a good date, because I do want to have a good time, and maybe dance a little... =S
I realized that Semi is one day after Timothy's birthday and on Brianna's. I wonder if they'll go. *speculates*



8 comments:
O_O So many guys that you know, hang out with, and have even danced with!
HAhaha, I think it's sweet that Ginger asked you to Semi without really knowing what it entailed. I hope you have an awesome time having fun of your own... NOT thinking about the ones of your past for too long. Maybe they'll notice and remember the fun person they had met from the start (then they'll miss you and want to get to know you all over again!) ;D
Really, though. Try not to dwell on it all for too long. Just enjoy yourself and try not to think too much about the awkward possibilities. Just go with it =)
What is Semi?
Ropi: Semi is a dance. I'd say maybe half the people in our school go to it- less perhaps. A lot of people I know plan on going...
Ann Michelle: Well, I haven't danced with him yet.... Twas a bit early to be asking about it, but I figured I might as well.
I think it was sweet too.
And of course you're right that I dwell on past... people... too much. I will do my best to follow your advice. :-)
It's nice that Ginger is taking a risk and stepping out of his comfort zone. If there's one thing Semi is supposed to do, it's to challenge the socially awkward people to try something new.
Have fun! =D
Haha, "yet" won't be that for long if things go as they sound :P
It's all nice and fine to follow advice every now and then... just don't think too hard about it. Then you'll start thinking every little thing is a mountain rather than an itty-bitty mole hill (if they even CAN be "itty-bitty" to start with, that is <_<).
I dunno... A month is a long way away. For all I know, we may end up hating eachother by then. (which would be sad, but not impossible)
I have a question... why do they call it Semi if it's near the end of the school year?
And posh, I doubt the two of you would be trying too hard to end up completely hating each other's guts in a month's time.
Because it's supposed to be a semiformal dance.
The problem is that both me and Ginger are rather outspoken and obnoxious....
Post a Comment