CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ann Michelle Dust

Being in the public blogosphere has encouraged me to get out there again and start reading people's blogs. Kibberon is an old friend I hadn't visited for a while. And I checked out nugg and baino and zany, all friends of friends. One thing strikes me. You all are amazing writers. Each of you brings wonderful ideas into your posts and presents things is an interesting manner. You capture readers. In comparison, I post about things that happen in my life, punctuated by the occasional (horrible) poem. My reader count: 4 or 5.
Obviously, my writing skills need to be modified. I need to add depth, universal themes, or something that will capture people's attention and bring them to ME. (can you tell I also enjoy power?) How do I become a better writer? I write about 10 pages of 8x11 paper a week, not counting Hildy or Death homework. And yet my writing skills remain at the same level they were last May.
Hello?? Magic writing fairy?? Will you sprinkle me with some Ann Michelle dust? Or maybe I can secretly bleed the power out of their blogs with my super mind powers.
Yeah, um... over and out.

6 comments:

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

You are a wonderful writer! Don't try to write like other writers, even those whom you admire. No need to covet others' words, thoughts, or writing styles. Listen to Maria's muse.

Anonymous said...

Well, writing is a kind of talent so you can improve it to a level but after you reached it, you need talent as well. I have never been famous for my writing style but I am good at history. So If I were you I would practice more and if it doesn't bring results then you can say that "My writing style is not the best but I am good at....

Anonymous said...

if it helps any, i think your writing is interesting.

and lol i don't think my writing is that interesting, but i've gotten more comfortable with it. a lot of times it runs a little shallow, and other times i don't understand how i wrote something so awesome. i sometimes wonder if my coolness just likes abandoning me every once in a while.

in less words, i think developing your own style is most important in writing. :)

changetheworld360 said...

Don't sweat it! Do you really think your writing is uninteresting? Everyone has their own unique style. Yes, it is effective to learn and adapt from other people, but at the end of the day, our individuality shines through. However, if you insist on your writing to not pertain to yourself, write about anything that causes you to react in some way. That's what I do sometimes whenever I need variety (comes in handy for writer's notebook entries!).

Vizarya said...

Hm... *throws confetti that sparkles and goes "pouf!" with a "bang!"*

Okay, first off... just write about whatever comes to mind. Don't mull over it and think about what other people want - think about what YOU want. Talk about the things that interest you - the things that run through YOUR head. No matter how awful or boring you think it is. No matter that it doesn't seem to fit your standards on what you think everyone ELSE wants. This whole thing is about YOU, and no one else. You should start by posting all the tidbits you write up on about 10 pages of 8x11 paper every week, or something. If you do all that, I'm pretty sure people will be more drawn to your works just as you like. The trick is being yourself (corny and cliched as that may be, it is really true) and finding the things that make you the unique person that you are. Even writing meaningless pieces can help you uncover some things about yourself. Other people will read and come to admire your works thanks to all the similar things they can relate to, and still others yet will be compelled to read because of the things that separate YOU from THEM.

It all works. You just have to find your way of doing things. I'm very glad you appreciate my writing - but I am intrigued about this individual under the name of "Maria Sondule" and HER style and quirks and awesomeness ^_~

And so, the box to my secret stash of "Ann Michelle Dust" has been opened for your perusal. Please don't spill it all over the place? It's rather tricky to clean up <_< That is... if anyone lets me ;D

Anonymous said...

Hey, can I borrow some of that Ann Michelle dust? ;)

Maria you are a great writer! It may not seem like you have improved, but it is impossible to write so much and not impove.