CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Water Tubing Episode 1

Apparently people here enjoy getting up before six, because I heard them talking downstairs at 5:50. The bed isn't very comfortable, so I just decided to get up. (regardless of having gone to bed at midnight the night before) Outside it was so misty that I couldn't see the Japanese beetles on the bush.
Around 8, people decided to go fishing so Spring and I donned our bathing suits and climbed aboard. The water in the lake was very warm, but I still hesitated to jump in. Spring's mom pushed us in, and Spring's glasses fell off!! I didn't see them and they were lost... We spent an entire hour searching for them at the bottom of the lake, but no such luck. Spring'll have to go the rest of the week being practically blind. However, she laughed it off, so I assume it's not that bad. Austin has the same prescription as her, so she can steal his.
After lunch, I beat everyone in a game of Boggle and then we went water tubing! (yay, new thing!) It's so fun to feel the rush of wind on your face and the warm waves beneath you. Dad made the boat go as fast as it could and when Spring and I were riding together, I slipped and fell off. (This did not happen whenever I tried to stand up, btw) Austin, who was supposed to be our spotter, didn't notice my absence for some reason and the boat shrunk far into the distance before turning around. It was kind of scary, because it's so easy for one of those speedboats to run you over.
The second time Spring and I rode together we fell off on purpose, but clung to the side of the tube for and exciting ride. The gushing water made our shorts almost fall off. Luckily for me, I had on a bathing suit... We managed to resolve the predicament before getting back on the boat, but I was laughing for 5 minutes straight about it. I guess the thrill and the situation made me lightheaded. :-)
I just got in from stargazing with Spring again. There were twice the amount of fireworks because both neighbors set some off. Spring and I sang songs from Lion King and Wicked and a whole bunch of other musicals. I think we annoyed our "beer neighbors", who were most likely trying to sleep. Tomorrow I might get to go into town to buy some wood and e-mail a certain someone....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol "beer neighbors."

and i knew it! you can get run over by boats! i don't know, i remember arguing with someone about getting hit with boats... it was a weird conversation. anywho, it sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Vizarya said...

XD glad to know you're having an awesome time thus far (even IF you get less sleep)

Emily said...

Haha "beer neighbors".

I LOVE WICKED! I saw it earlier this summer. Tee hee.