CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Tranquility of Night

At 10 Spring and my mom and I went into town for internet access and I checked my e-mail....
I wrote a poem about someone named Jasmine. Jasmine, Jezebel, Jonathan. All pretty names that I love to write over and over for some reason. They seem to just roll off the tip of the pencil, especially Jezebel. Maybe I have some weird fetish with names that start with J?
Anyway, I got stung by a wasp. It's funny, I kind of was disappointed that it didn't hurt more. Spring's mom (who is a nurse) told me to use a credit card to get rid of the stinger and lectured me on the importance of not pinching the sting.
As the day eased into the dark tranquility of night, (I love love love that phrase!) the back yard of ours got a little bit brighter. Because (bad grammar, right?) we started a campfire! It blazed extremely high, and we got to roast s'mores on it and we did skits and sang songs and told stories. Uncle Jim did a very funny skit in which he made Austin pretend to be a table and put all these utensils on him, including glass cups full of water. Then he just walked away, and poor Austin couldn't move. ROFL!! Of course we helped him stand up.
That was so short that I'm going to include the next day in order to speed up this process.

Next day:
This morning Aunt Anne, Uncle Bob, Spring and I went on a hike up to the fire-tower. (but we didn't go in it today) Of course, to get to the fire-tower, you have to climb an incredibly steep hill three times as long as Agony. (people who go to my school will understand this) Spring led the way, I behind her, and on the way up we found some ripe raspberries. (Just because I ate some raspberries off a tree/bush does not mean I am a hypocrite in that regard, btw. It just means I like raspberries)
There were some purple mushrooms that I took a picture of, along with blueberries further along the trail.
We also found an abandoned mine. It was blocked off, but I could see far enough inside to notice the rocks piled high from a cave-in. There was a broken-up railway too.
After lunch we went tubing again, but this time Lila and Jenna came along, and I got to ride with each of them. I rode backwards with Lila, and at the end of the ride the tube tipped over because my weight made it so much heavier on one side.
The beach was later in the day. I brought a book, which turned out to be a wise idea because Spring kept running off to find Lila and Jenna. I read for a while, but the idiots in my book were being mega-stupid, so I resorted to watching some boys do backflips off of a statue thingame. Show-offs. Spring came back and we had an argument about who was prettier. (duh, Spring! Will someone please back me up on this?)

Random q: My eyes are sometimes blue, sometimes green, sometimes grey, and sometimes blue-green. Is this a trick of the light, or are they really changing color?

8 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Oh wow, that's longer than I expected. Oh well.

changetheworld360 said...

"tranquility of night" is a pleasant phrase. I like it too!

Vizarya said...

Whoa, I've never been stung by a bee - let alone a wasp *knocks on wood* o.o

Lovely, catchy phrase, that : But what a wonderful time you had around the campfire! Poor, poor Austin XD

You certainly chose a most scenic vacation spot =)

And to answer your question - 'tis a trick of the light! But it must be interesting having eyes that appear in a great many number of shades. ^-^

Maria Sondule said...

I heard something different from Spring... She says I have hazel eyes, which supposedly do look like different colors.

Anonymous said...

i've never gotten stung by a bee or wasp before and i've always expected it to happen and for me to be crippled with pain..

and about your eyes: i think it's probably a trick of the light. or there are lots of specks of color in your eyes and under certain light those specks are more visible. then again i might just have made that up.

Vizarya said...

Hazel? How in the world do you get a bajillion colors! Tisn't fair! XD *hugs* That's very intriguing. Now I'm wondering... what color do you put for your eyes on those yearbook picture forms schools make us take every year?

Maria Sondule said...

I put blue, because my eyes really were blue up until 7th grade. (or maybe I just didn't notice the change in color) But I think they're green now.

Vizarya said...

Wow - that's so cool!