My aunt's house is cluttered beyond belief. (even worse than my humble abode) The couch is stacked high with newspapers, tables are filled with painting equipment, and I'm not even going to mention the attic. I did not like in the least sleeping in such a dusty and crammed atmosphere... until Millie climbed into bed with us. My aunt has 3 cats, Angel, Chelsea, and Millie. Millie I think is the second-youngest and she has the most beautiful pelt and stunning eyes. She also likes to rub people. So that's what she did, at 5 in the morning. For over an hour, she walked up and down, rubbing against our skin and it was so cute! Spring and I had an argument over who Millie loved more.
The next morning, we had to leave for the seashore. I was extremely excited, because I love the ocean, and the sound of the waves. I planned to talk to a bunch of random people at the beach (because I was feeling very people-deprived, even with Spring around) but there was almost no one there! The water was really warm too, about 70 degrees. Since there was a storm cloud on the horizon, we only got to be in the waves for about an hour. And unfortunately, we never came back after that.
We did however, go to Cape May and looked for Cape May diamonds. (which are actually pieces of clear quartz) I took a bunch for Lila. (lol, when I gave them to her, she gave them not a second thought)
The train ride was supposed to be the pinnacle of the adventures I'd had in the past week and a half. It was boooooring. We got stuck behind a bunch of freight trains and that delayed us 45 minutes. I listened to all my CDs, read The Time Machine and the rest of 2 Chronicles and stared out the window, but that only occupied about 4 hours of my time. So 5 hours of tedium. The guy sitting next to me was about my age (a little older perhaps) but I was too intimidated to talk to him. (there goes my newfound boldness) I ended up calling Spring and she told me to call Timothy to find out why he'd been ignoring me. (which I'm still a little bit mad about by the way) So I did, and I made him entertain me for a couple minutes but then we had to start getting ready to exit the train.
Adonai, thank you so much for letting him not have lice!!!
So now I'm home. I should get my schedule today.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Epilogue
Posted by Maria Sondule at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
haha! lol yea, sometimes when i go places where i know i'll meet people, i tell myself that i won't be awkward and that i'll talk to them, but then i just end up being even more awkward by trying not to be.
Awww, Millie sounds adorable :)
I'm sorry you didn't get to talk to a lot of people at the seashore, but you must've had a lovely view of the sea ... And go "diamond" hunting =]
Wow, what a train ride. o_O You must be a fast reader ^-^
Sorry I haven't commented lately.
Too bad the train ride wasn't exciting. You would think it would be fun. And, no schedule today. :(
Post a Comment