CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Camellos Verdes y Mas

I woke up this morning to the adults having a conversation about Spring's older brother. They were talking about him being too broke to have a girlfriend. Seriously, I don't know why anyone would date him in the first place, he's so stuck-up. Anyway, that woke me up so I started my day early.
After lunch, some of us went for a ride in our boat, which is called the "Gillyweed", or something like that. It's one of those humongous fishing barges with space for 15 people. We all had to wear brighr orange life vests, lol. I felt a little self-conscious. Me and Sarah sat in the back of the boat and sang songs, iuncluding, "I Wanna Be a Wookie Like You", the Camellos Verdes song, and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". (if you haven't heard these then you must sometime in your life) The Camello song was last and it kind of fell apart when we started singing in spanish.
Speeding home was incredibly fun. Just looking out over that vast expanse of water and letting wind toy with our hair... We all got drenched when our boat hit a high wave. (yes, there were waves at the lake)
Anyway, we were almost into our dock when the propeller stopped working, so Aunt Carol had to get out and pull it the rest of the way.

Ok, one more event: After dinner (and then again after crushing Tia Pai and Dad in a game of Boggle) Leah announced that she was going to host a dance party in the basement for anyone under the age of 49. Spring and I rolled our eyes at this, but we had nothing better to do so at 8:30 we came downstairs. The girls had cleared a dancing space, set up a drink stand, and there was rock music playing out of a computer in the wall. Out of pity, mostly, all the relatives joined in and we started to dance. It was hilarious; Lila was sort of writhing on the floor, Spring was hopping about on one foot, and I was doing who knows what. Of course Austin and the boys refused to dance (even though Spring's bro needs some practice for his girlfriend) but the adults were great sports. It's weird, but this dance party gave me more of a high (from having fun, not drugs of course) than Semi. Hmm.
Around 10, we heard a ruckus from the neighbors' yard, so we rushed out and... fireworks! They were so beautiful, and the neighbors let us watch them from behind the fence. After that me and Spring stargazed for half and hour.

Sry, that was way long.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that party was fun.

Lena said...

i love fireworks.. they always look fantastic :)

Maria Sondule said...

Spring, do you remember how we made a congo line and your dad attacked us with a stick?

Anonymous said...

yes, i am an advocate for dancing the night away.

Vizarya said...

Water, singing, dancing, music, fireworks... ahh! Sound like a lot of fun!

Emily said...

That sound awesome! I love "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"-- I play it on my cello. lol