CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To Morph or Not to Morph


After retrieving the mail, I read an article about the internet in Mom's magazine. In this article, there was a man who wrote very free and flowing pieces. Then he got a typewriter, and his writing became tense. Apparently, what you write with affects how you write. So today, before typing this entry, I have taken my favorite pencil (and yes, I do have pencil preferences) and written everything in my diary. (diary here is used loosely)

I reread some of my older "diary" entries (2005 onward) and discovered a curious thing. I have morphed more than a dozen times. In 2005 I was (though life is a postulate, so maybe I wasn't) extremely self-centered, naive, and I wrote entries about once every two weeks. Less than 6 months later, I morphed into HP Fangirl, writing about almost nothing else and not even bothering to describe happenings at school. Then I morphed into Nerds And Losers Freak, then Maria Sondule Gone Insane, and etc. until most recently: Computer addict.

Although, I'm making this sound cut and dry. Obviously, it was flowing and gradual. I'm sure you know, everyone experiences a lot of change as they grow. But it's weird, looking back, because you don't notice yourself morphing until you're a completely new species. I fear that I will morph yet again because of this new thing with Timothy, and I suspect the change will not be something I desire. But time does not go backwards, and even if it did, I would not change anything that has happened over the past few months.

Someday I'll end up regretting my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that article too!

Lakshmi said...

i can identify with what you are saying..but i dont think i will regret

Lakshmi

Elizabeth said...

Uhm.. May I know who are you?

Elizabeth said...

Lolz.. Thanks for dropping by anyway...