Yesterday I went to Alena's (the Jew with a 'tude) house. It was really annoying because I was in the middle of e-mailing Timothy and chatting with Spring (who was about to tell me some amazing news). But anyway, I went there, and I went swimming in their pool. Alena was impressed by my very modest bathing suit (shorts and a shirt) and vowed to buy one just like it. (ha ha) We had pizza (with extra cheese!) outside and Alena showed me a bunch of her itunes videos. There was, however, a slight dilemma. Even though I was having an overall great time, I felt (and this is weird) lonely. I'm not exactly sure why, but I knew the feeling immediately, from feeling it so often in the past.
Things are depressing when you're lonely. All your friends seem so far away from you, like no matter how hard you try to reach them, you can't move any faster than if you were wading through muck. It's strange how sudden loneliness can be. Or how you can be lonely even when you're surrounded by people.
All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?
(Eleanor Rigby, the Beatles)
I have been isolating myself. With books, music, through the computer. At the beginning of the school year I talked at lunch. I didn't fumble over so many of my words. I could actually argue a point without ruining what I was saying. Grr.
Where do we all belong?
Monday, June 2, 2008
Sinkhole
Posted by Maria Sondule at 5:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am posting this because I have nothing else to do. Hopefully someone else will comment after me. Yay, I'm awake at 7 in the morning!!!!
I constantly feel...not lonely, but alone.
I used to think I was lonely, but that's tough to justify when you're hanging out with your friends or significant other. Although, I guess "Alone" makes even less sense...Dunno. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only person who feels like this. :o)
Post a Comment