CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Diabolical Thinking


I'm already bored out of my mind.
This is not good. It's been 3 hours of nothing. I'm sitting outside (well, laying, really) in the grass. Wind rustles gently through green leaves, and makes a sound like the ocean. Silver-tipped blades of grass tickle my nose, and I breathe in the earthy scent. (which is much more soothing that apricots, I'm sorry to say) Birds are flirting. I see one squirrel scurrying bravely across the driveway.

But the lilacs are gone. They have withered away in the crushing heat of Summer, even though we watered them exactly the right amount. Dead buds trickle and fall down from sinewy branches, no longer purple but a rusty brown color. I feel cheated. Why did they have to die? Why such a short existence? I am confronted with stunning reality: we only last for a nanosecond in time.

Stupid Lilacs.

Countdown: only 7 days until Spring arrives!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. what part of the world do you live in? in the US it's just turning summer. well at least yesterday was the hottest day in a long time. and spring just ended. sigh. no more refreshing crispness.

i suspect that the first day of summer vacation will be uneventful for me. but i have big plans for the rest of it. then again, there are always those lazy hot days where you don't feel like moving. i'll probably have a good amount of those too.

changetheworld360 said...

To kibberon,
We (Maria and I) live in the US also. It's been really hot the last couple days.