CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Roses Have Thorns


Yesterday occupied me from dawn 'til dusk. (I love that phrase for some reason) I got up at a reasonable hour for once and immediately e-mailed Timothy (grr, I really miss him, even though my subconscious doesn't want me to) (actually, I miss him all the time, since we never see each other in person, but knowing that he is far away makes it worse) and proceeded to revel in reading the rest of The Year of Living Biblically. It turns out I was supposed to be doing chores, but my mother put the list on the back of a cereal box, so I didn't see it.
Delia (the reason for the chores) came over at 12 and we did a whole bunch of random things that included getting wet. We used up all of my carefully saved water balloons and played Pit (with no black markets) and read through a play.
After she left the whole atmosphere of the house switched from focusing on Delia to Lila. The reason for this was because it was Lila's birthday!!!!
I must say, Lila, for the age that she is, seemed a little selfish. When opening presents, she would toss the wrapping paper over her head like it was a pair of socks. And then she would delve greedily into the present for all of two seconds before becoming disappointed with it. Are all little kids like this? What is the age when they stop being annoying?
True, I shouldn't be talking, but I felt like venting my frustration. (Did you know that she came into my room last night and sat on me???) (*growl*)

4 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

Oh, that's too bad. Perhaps this is just a phase, and as Lila gets older, she'll change. Hopefully.

Maria Sondule said...

Maybe. No one can be sure.

Anonymous said...

She's not as bad as Jenna.

Maria Sondule said...

I agree.