CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yuletide Isn't Over

My Christmas yielded more than presents and cookies (although my room is more stuffy and I have gained a few pounds). I got to watch my cousin Jenna read at church, and to perform an impromptu reading of MacBeth. My aunt beat us in Bananagrams. My grandmother gave me feedback on my nanowrimo, The Bookkeeper.

But the best gifts were the people I met this holiday season. One, my cousin's friend, I had known before but never talked to. We hung out and he ended up borrowing my fuzzy slipper for a day (which is significant to me because I remember Beau thought I liked him because I let him exchange shoes with me. And I did like him). Anyway, he's really nice and we're friends now, which is worth more to me than any other gift.
I also met some really nice twins who taught me to swing dance. I'm lucky they're older than me because they gave me lots of tips about school stuff for next year.
The point is that Christmas isn't really over, because the relationships we cherish during this time will last us until next year, and the next, and the next....
How did your Christmases go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Christmas went pretty well. I'm glad to see you're still enjoying your Christmas because I seen many people on Twitter act miserable about Christmas and its crazy. Its like if you can't be happy around Christmas then you must be miserable all year round.

Thanks for the comment on my blog ;)

Vizarya said...

Did any of the Macbeth excerpts make sense? Have you read it before? I mean there are some good parts, but the meaning behind some of the stuff CAN go a bit "whoosh!" over one's head if they don't have the fleshed-out background somewhere. That can be even more hysterical though.

SWING DANCING = <3 So much fun. I secretly want to swing dance with someone on my way to classes since I learned :]

Christmas for me was good - hung out with the neighbor and some family friends who were also on the guest list. I watched Despicable Me and Toy Story 3. Basically.

Maria Sondule said...

Yeah, they made sense to me because I'd read the play before, but the others were a bit confused...
I know! I need to teach people how to do it even though I really fail at it...
I <3 Toy Story 3. Need to watch it again sometime.