It seems my attempts to get people to comment on my writing have failed. Maybe it's boring? Too long? Too bright? I have to say I find it annoying when I comment on someone's blog and they follow me but never comment back. Maybe I'm reading too much into the following thing, but in my view it is proper blogging etiquette to comment (since I can't follow) on followers' blogs. So basically they make me comment on theirs and then when I specifically ask for constructive criticism they don't return the favor.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey i'm new to your blog. I be happy to comment on your post ;)
This is a difficult one, Maria. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't feel sufficiently equiped to give constructive criticism on somebody else's writing. It requires a lot of thought, it's time-consuming, and it takes a lot of care to get the meaning across accurately. I'm not sure that a blog is the right medium for seeking constructive criticism.
There's a plethora of writers' forums out there on which people are only too happy to offer critiques. I hate them, though. Too much of the criticism is presumptuous, pretentious, ill-informed and riddled with the formula mentality.
I think you have real talent, and I think you're doing fine. You have a real knack for relating words and concepts. I've always trusted my own judgement, and I honestly think it's the best thing to do.
Nah, I've just been drowning in my attempts to get into a college. To be honest, I'm really just procrastinating on that effort now... but whatever.
I totally get what you mean. I hate it when someone "follows" without comment. It irks me, but then on days when I really am too busy to deal with pointless comments (which some definitely border), it's like a blessing.
I've learned to just keep on writing as if I had no one I was trying to wring a response out of. It makes the comments more exciting when they DO appear.
Although, now that you mention it... I do apologize for my sporadic commenting sprees. It seems I'm usually in the mood to comment en masse, so to speak. I hope you don't mind (the bulk-commenting and the long hiatus in between each comment-spree, that is)!
Post a Comment