Those of you who want to do something to help world hunger, go to freerice.com and play a little! You learn vocabulary, and you donate grains of rice in this non-risk, easy activity!
One problem for me was that some words I'd never heard of, so I assume they must be American. There were three as I recall, two I guessed right and one I didn't. Did 1000 grains, though.
I love this site. It's actually fun (at least, more fun than anything I've been doing to shove vocabulary into my brain) and all the effort goes to a good cause.
I am a mechanical pencil. But not just any mechanical pencil, a pencil with a solid beautiful never-been-used white eraser, slick blue body, and .07 lead. *click*
4 comments:
OK, done that. Some of their equivalents are dubious and one was definitely wrong. Being prissy, aren't I?
Oh, not at all. I agree. I still do it though, to donate the rice. And if I level up high enough it does teach me some new vocab.
One problem for me was that some words I'd never heard of, so I assume they must be American. There were three as I recall, two I guessed right and one I didn't. Did 1000 grains, though.
I love this site. It's actually fun (at least, more fun than anything I've been doing to shove vocabulary into my brain) and all the effort goes to a good cause.
Post a Comment