“It was like…a dream… with a mountain lion… or a deranged cat…”
“… The grunge of the floor soaked into my feet, and for some reason I felt dirty, like it was not acceptable for America to treat me worse than I had treated myself.”
“That’s a good one.”
Rose looked up, startled. The man at the counter was smiling at her, nodding at the book in her hand.
“There’s lots of useful things in it, like clogs and thick woolen socks.”
“I brought you wilted roses from Hell,” Hugo smiled. He offered them to her.
Diana’s eyes filled with tears of happiness.
He reeked of power. Especially his hair.
“Don’t panic,” Rose said as she started to panic. “I have this under control.”
Vivica stuck inside a caged pigpen that was filled to the waist with mud. Now there was a happy topic.
“I swear I will blenderize you!”
“Brushing your teeth keeps plaque away. Plaque is never a moral goal for society.”
“Orcs!” One of the men said intensely, drawing his sword.
“Aren’t those whales?” Diana wailed.
“Seems the British like tea more than magical pens.”
“Take that, you savage beast! And that! And…”
Rose felt something metal and heavy whack her upside the head.
“That’s me!” she gasped, starting to see stars.
“Whoops,” Charlotte said.



5 comments:
Now ya got me, but it's certainly entertaining.
I think it's easier to read now, at ;east.
Thanks for commenting on Universal Haiku. I have posted a response.
Don't see any difference. I still like it.
Hum. By the title and color-varied text, it looked as if you took snippets of various books and reworked them to create a story. Interesting concept to me. It kind of makes me want to go through all my favorite books and pull out my favorite lines (I've only recently done anything of the sort).
Usually, I read for content and nothing specific. Ah, but of course this method is entirely unhelpful in AP Lit >_<
Post a Comment