CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Alligator City

(It's a cold, cloudy, rainy night. There is a mist that covers the landscape. Two friends, Chris and Mario, are carrying a tent and a backpack through the storm. They don't have an umbrella or a flashlight. The wind blows and there is a flash of lightning, and thunder)

C: Mario, where are we?
M: I dunno. I can't read the map.
C: It's freezing. We need to set up the tent.
M: I know, but I can't see anything.
C: Well, we're not on a hill. C'mon, let's set it up.
(they start to set up the tent, but there is a mysterious noise)
M: Whazzat???
C: Hey, you dropped the tent! Come on!
M: No, I heard a noise... There it is!
C: What is it?
M: I dunno. It seems like... a bear.
C: It's not a bear, they're hibernating.
M: Remember that time in the forrest... in the woods, it was winter, but we still saw a fox...
C: That was a fox, not a bear. Mario, come on. I had to carry the portable oven all this way. I'm tired, and it's freezing outside. Let's set up the tent.
M: Ok.... Yipes! What's that??
C: It's HAIL. Now help me! Oh why oh why did we decide to go camping?
M: Chris! I think something touched me!
C: You're crazy.
M: No! It was reptilian, like a snake... or an alligator.
C: There are no alligators here.
(there is a growl and a snap)
M: I don't like this. I want to move.
C: Mario, it's freezing. There is ice on teh ground, it's hailing, and it's cloudy.
M: I know, but... Look!
C: What?
(a tall menacing form appears)
Form: Why are you here?
M: (whimpers)
C: Quiet. Sir, we're tourists.
Form: Go home.
M: Of course, sir. My god...
C: Mario, shut up. Sir, we can't. We lost all our equipment in a lake and we need somewhere to sleep.
Form: You're not safe. Come with me.
C: Sure.
(there is a growl)
M: No, Chris!
C: (brings the tent and starts walking towards the form)
M: (follows, with hesitation)
C: Sir!
(the form is a zoologist, carrying a flashlight)
Z: Hello. My name is Mr. Danger.
M: Really? I don't trust you.
Z: I don't know how you got here, but this is the San Francisco Zoo, and you were in the alligator pit.
M: What?? I told you, Chris! I told you!
C: Yes, yes. Thanks, sir.
Z: Come with me. I'll give you a place to sleep.
C: Thanks. See, Mario? There's nothing to be afraid of.
M: Nothing? We were in an alligator pit! They would have eaten us!! They're skilled hunters.
C: And you're crazy, Mario...
(they don't know it, but there is an alligator at their heels, waiting to bite...)

2 comments:

blakemore said...

What fun!

Vizarya said...

*shakes head* You and your stories. You seriously should put a book together. I feel like this one would have cool paper things to manipulate along with the story... remember the pictures of characters that you move by pulling and pushing on a tab? I could see something like that. Maybe even a pop-out thing when you open to a certain page. :D