Obviously, I have been exceedingly busy lately. I apologize for not commenting on your blogs. Please comment on mine, because I will be able to find yours more easily to read your wondrous posts, and because I like comments.
Those who ask how I've been writing so much if I've been so busy should know that I haven't been writing. All the previous posts from November 23rd onward were prewritten. I waited to publish them.
I joined our school's quidditch team. And yes, we do play on brooms. I have acquired the position of chaser, which is good because it will get me running and I don't have to chase after the snitch (aka the fastest cross country runner in our school).
The first night of Hannukah came and went. Snark and I made latkes and lit our menorahs. We ate gelt galore and our grandmother gave us kids a wii (which I will not use because I don't like video games in general and am completely opposed to the wii on principle. And you're not allowed to berate me for complaining because I'm grateful that she was so considerate to give us a present, and because this is my blog where I can state my opinions that YOU disagree with, Mom). I made Snark a canvass of us on the bus with the letters BFF written in the corner.
I got two solos in the upcoming orchestra concert. my crush also has solos, as he is the concertmaster of the orchestra. If I were a violin, I might be seated next to him...
As far as schoolwork goes, I have much to brag about. My essay got a 96%, I did will on a calculus test, and I won my in-class debate (genetic testing in humans is not morally justified, though really I didn't agree with the position).
My Spanish teacher laughed my ensayos cortos, which is good because they were supposed to be funny, and I successfully swamped my canoe in gym class.
Today, I am at a debate festival, judging other rounds. One freshman, who I will call Wesley because he reminds me of the Princess Bride, is a very good debater, and was debating a not-so-good debater. However, he was so arrogant during the debate that I made him lose, though I gave him higher speaker points. It's good to have power.



6 comments:
OK, let's be honest. I can't comment on academic success or the value of having power. Don't do those any more. Neither would I care to comment on debating because I disagree with the practice on principle.
I can, however, say that I think your writing is excellent. I so hope you continue to explore that avenue, and I hope you allow it to teach you as much as it's taught me.
Well, I am quite busy as well.
Answer: no, I wouldn't.
Why do you disagree with debate on principle?
And yes, I agree that this post is dry and uninspiring. One day, though, I'll look back on it and remember events otherwise lost in the mysterious back rooms of the hippocampus.
Thank you! I think we can both say writing is a passion that will not go away. I only hope that one day I can be as talented a writer as you.
I knew you were going to ask me that. Can I answer tomorrow (when I'm less cold - shhh...)
The post wasn't dry and uninspiring. I found it as entertaining as ever. It's just that I can't comment on aspects of life that I've let go, at least not withouty going into stuffy crap about why I let them go!
I'm not talented! My muse does the writing, I just polish the words a bit here and there. Badly sometimes. I still can't get the last sentence of When the Waves Call right. I've read it and read it and read it. And changed it and changed it and changed it...
And I'm still not happy.
(Excuse me, Maria.)
Ropi: you wouldn't what?
*laughs* Oh, I know ALL ABOUT saving posts for off-days. Of course, I have weird issues. I haven't posted for a really long time because I was waiting to come across a worthy centennial post to put up... but I HAVE been writing. I've dated them in my gmail drafts (I just can't stand the sight of drafts in my Blogger account XD It's sad because I used to have, like 50 :-/ Maybe that explains it then. I got sick of all the creativeness I had to force out). I suppose I'll go ahead and post them now, eh.
:P I really hope you don't mind my extensive comments. I never seem to know where to stop in my rush to type what comes to mind. I know you love comments... but isn't this a bit much to get back to?
Ahaha - Quidditch! My school has that, too. It's hilarious watching the players run-hopping around like kangaroos XD Woohoo for Chaser status ;) Oh, and it's hysterical that one of the Seekers is the faster cross country runner at your school.
Psh, Wii. My neighbor has that stuff - then again, he probably has every gaming console imaginable because his dad spoils him and his brother and they're (obviously) boys. I don't get what's so exciting about it.
OHSNAP your crush is the concertmaster of the orchestra (ohh, fancy!). Is he still your crush, or has it been long enough for something new to settle in?
Wow, things have been going well for you. I'm glad :)
XD Poor Wesley. Did he have long hair? For some reason your description reminds me of someone... except his name really was Wesley. <_<
Post a Comment