I am one of those lucky few
to whom was divulged
the secrets of the color blue.
How does it wave with its
masquerade face?
Glitter like sequins?
Foam like lace?
Why does it like to sleep in the sky
or stare at nothing
with its head held high?
Does it aspire to flow through the veins
of a naughty child
or one with brains?
(and why does it always sigh when it rains?)
I used to wonder "of what does blue taste?"
And where does it go when it's been...
erased?
How can it kiss both sides of the mirror?
Impersonate anger, or seduce a tear?
I feel blessed to know
but I won't uncover
the real secret, because that's
much more fun to discover.



2 comments:
I find primary blue to be possibly the most nondescript of the primaries, and yet its range of tones probably the most interesting. When I lved on the coast once, I was surprised by how many different blues the sea could be. It wasn't just a function of the reflection, but was also influenced by the angles of the waves that varied according to wind direction.
Colors, colors! This reminds me of the time I wrote about a blue paperclip.
Blue has a lot of secrets.
Post a Comment