People wave goodbye in indigo
the palms of their hands making
blue stains on the windows.
They've converged on the glass
of my brain and are fogging the screen
with their warm sticky breaths.
I can feel them pressing on
my shutters, but as soon as my
back is turned they simmer
and fade away into the dark blue sea
of carpet.
I gently crush them under my feet,
smile at the sudden heat,
shudder at the icy chill.
I can't count as crazy if I'm alone, right?



6 comments:
Hi
I posted about my waltz performance as you had wished.
What's going on with you lately? Why the sudden riot of colourful creativity? It's enjoyable, and quite startling.
Ropi: Thanks, I'll read it soon!
Jeff: (right?) Why thank you! I like reading your comments; you're very flattering. I don't know why I've been posting poems. I guess I just made up my mind to do it and it became part of my homework. (something's much more liable to get done if its part of a list)
It just seems you have the ability to expand concepts into extended metaphors and then express them well. I hadn't seen that before, and it's why I'm curious to see where you go.
Excellent
*breathless*
I saw you standing outside in a foggy evening somewhere in England, waving as little children crammed into a dew-ridden car waved and smeared the fog off of their windows with their pudgy hands. I saw a tear slide down beneath a sapphire-struck sky, navy-smoke in hue, and watched you turn away... padding softly inside a house that hid the sound of your approach. I saw a range of emotions kiss your face before a rueful smile lingered, your eyes shut to the vanishing world.
...
Ah. You inspire me :P
Post a Comment