Red boils itself in blood
running down the world in rivers
rolling madly like
hot rage. Like the steam
hissing out of the nostrils of a
charging rhinoceros.
But then red changes into pink,
a more tantalizing tint, and simmers
seductively, first a finger,
then a wink,
then merely a smile until
all traces of raving passion are replaced
by a pale pink bow over
a pale white face. The face
recedes into the background, a mere wisp
of white.
But if red becomes a shade,
and skin delivers no promise to withhold,
red bursts like lava from the soul
screaming and billowing from
behind curtain corners, shaking
away debris and mixing the dusty
air until people see first through a
film of red, then black,
like all the lights have gone out,
leaving everyone to claw their way
through the darkness.



4 comments:
Good words, Maria. You seems to have a fertile imagination charged with a hint of aggression and an instinct for the lyrical.
I bet you'll apply it to life one day.
This is interesting to me because primary red is one of my favourite colours, and pink one of my most disliked. Make of that what you want.
Why thank you! I'm hoping to really harness my aggression AFTER I'm done with schooling, just in case.
Maria. Sorry to get personal, but I really believe you have depths just waiting to explode. I hope I'm still in touch with you in five year's time. I'm itching to see where you go.
*shudders*
You and colors. Red is an especially passionate one... innocent and flirtatious when seen through the clouds, and yet simultaneously complex and violent in the shadows.
Post a Comment