CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween

The last of the ghosts

rolled out with the fog that
fell on the morning after Halloween.
The last of the wrappers
crinkled and crunched, pushed
under the couch by a foot unseen.

The rest???

Costumes I saw: 3 muskateers bar, Phantom of the Opera, Snowstorm, a cake, Indian princess, Hitler, a cadaer, Antarctica, a prisoner, a zombie

9 comments:

JJ said...

Nice poem. Ever thought of getting yourself a cold garret - with a small gap at the side of the window that allows access to powdery snow when the wind is in the north? And an ever-present bottle of half drunk bourbon on the mantleshelf over the cold grate, bought with the money you saved by not wasting it on food and fuel?

Am I allowed to make a small critical suggestion?

Maria Sondule said...

Well, if the window was not in my house or did not let in the cold then yes. I like my comforts.
Similarly, the bourbon would have to be drunk by someone else, since I don't like the taste of alcohol.
And yes, please do. I never take offense at critical suggestions, and especially not for this one.

Anonymous said...

Hitler dress is not adequate in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

You also saw Jesus of suburbia :D

Maria Sondule said...

?? Who was that?

Anonymous said...

Me!!! :D
Jesus of suburbia=song by green day about a punk kid that was a stereotypically punk. (hoody, ripped jeans, etc)

Maria Sondule said...

But you're like that every day....

Anonymous said...

YEP! I'm jesus of suburbia! :D
I love that song

Vizarya said...

Hehehe... You saw Antarctica? What's a "cadaer"?