A green blade of grass is
happy to be crushed
under the heel of a bride
about to lift the veil
that has been hiding the rest of her life;
the house, the first summer
that will dye the flowers brown
like the fur of the dog
that will knock over the candle
that will burn down the field
where the blade of grass was crushed.
Friday, November 19, 2010
A Round is a Circle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
'The veil that has been hiding the rest of her life.'
Mmm...
You continue to surprise me, Maria. Which road are you going to take when you're free of controlling influences? (That question is rhetorical, by the way.) Something seems to be developing at pace here. None of my business, of course.
Where did you get the phrase for your title? It's reminding me of something, but I can't pinpoint exactly what.
I like how you began with a crushed blade... and then went on in a flash-forward kind of way that showed what happens in that once place. Quite intriguing, if I do say so myself :) I almost want to see a flashvideo of it XD
Post a Comment