CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Skating on Ice

As you can see, I have changed my layout. I don't really like it much more than the last on, but I figured it was time for a change. Maybe something better will pop up soon... At least it's very peaceful.


I know I don't write about my brother and sister very much but that's not because they aren't important in my life, or that they're not active in it. I guess I just take them for granted because they're always there, ready to support me.
Today was Lila's birthday (I won't say which) and she graciously let me invite Snark to keep myself company at her party. We had a very good time, and I think I can say the same for Lila, even though she was too fast on her skates for me to keep up. I can't help wondering what she'll be like once she's my age. Will she be taller than me? Prettier? Nicer? (hopefully) Will she call me up at school to ask for advice? Will I be able to give it to her?
The years fly by without so much as a wave.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like the new background, its more colorful and inviting, more...'springtime'.
And who knows who Lila will turn out? I have the same questions about my siblings as well. I hope they learn from my mistakes and look to me for knowledge, more than as "the big, cool brother"

Maria Sondule said...

Hahah, who says you're cool?
My sis thinks I'm a nerd.

Anonymous said...

I don't write about my brother, because our relationship is quite bad.

JJ said...

Don't forget the sherry, Snark.

Maria: Will you still need him, will you still feed him, when he's sixty four?

My brother was nearly twelve years older than me, and he joined the army when I was five, so I grew up as effectively an only child. Having siblings must be interesting.

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: What happened?
JJ: Haha, of course I will. He'll be the one paying for my excessive scrapbooking projects.
And I will feed him. Applesauce. And corn. I wonder if he'll still have teeth then...
Having siblings is fun, I wouldn't give it up for the world. But being an only child is sure to have many advantages that I can't even imagine. It must have been hard for you to live without seeing your brother for so long. Are you guys close now?

JJ said...

Apple sauce?!!! Poor bloke.

I think if you're an independent sort, being an only child makes you even more so. I missed my brother at first (my parents separated at the same time, which didn't help, I think.) I used to love his visits when he came home on leave. But then we grew emotionally apart when I reached my later teens. We kept in contact, though, until he collapsed and died of an aneurism seven years ago.

Maria Sondule said...

Oh my goodness!! That's horrible!
I guess it's a little late, but god willing he rest in peace.