I'd been transfered from my old school to some institution named Crownover, and I was really excited to go there because they had a great reputation. So I went up the steps and there was this really nice principal waiting for me to come inside. (he was old and wrinkly with curly white sideburns) I did, he shook my hand and told me it was nice to see me. Then he shuffled off. I knew I was supposed to wait, but instead I went up the stairs to the second floor to my first class: English. There were only 3 girls in the class (no boys) and one of them was a girl i knew, so I waved.
Eventually other kids arrived and the teacher taught for ten minutes. Then she sat down again and most of the kids went to the far corner of the room to talk or play saxophone. I asked the teacher how many periods her class was and she said one. Then she asked me,
"How lone will you be with us?"
And I realized it was regular English so I got really annoyed and said, "Actually, I'm thinking of moving up to AP."
The teacher pursed her lips.
After I left English Delia appeared!!! I was so glad to see her that we walked hugging down the hallway until she had to go in a classroom. I kept walking and I saw a door marked AP 1.
The lights were off and many kids from the year below me were inside, watching some sort of movie. Once the bell rang, the kids spilled out, and I saw Jeremy. We talked about something and about how I'd transferred and he said,
"Once people get here all they want to do is get out."
I didn't think anything of the message. But then I realized that I didn't have a schedule so I found the principal's office. There were two principals there: The one I'd seen at the door and one Italian, scared-looking man. The old one gave me my handwritten schedule while the other sat at a desk writing letters on little slips of paper.
"You have to dance with us. We grade you," he explained.
He led me to my first class. I noticed something on my schedule so I called to the principal.
"Sir! Why aren't I in AP English?"
"Because you'd just drop out," he mumbled.
"But you try first and then you drop down," I called.
The principal turned to me angrily.
"No! Just go to Honors English," he said, then huffed away.
I wasn't satisfied so I went back to the other principal, cornered him, and pressed him up against the wall, my fist in his face.
"Can you please change this is AP." I asked politely.
"No."
"Why not?"
The principal gulped. "He thinks its too soon for you to work with Delia."
"What?" I was confused. "What do you think she's gonna do, indoctrinate me?"
"Yes," the principal answered.
I was very suspicious so I lied and said, "She's not my friend anymore. I'm new here and have NO friends and you're expecting me to-"
"Oh, alright!" The principal said. "I'll change your schedule if we can keep it on the down low."
I was satisfied, finally, but then the bell rang again. I saw Jeremy so I asked him what period it was.
"Tenth," he said. "Mandatory chorus."
I like chorus so I was okay with that, but we entered this huge chapel-like thing. Everything was draped in red velvet and all the students were wearing black hoods.
I was extremely suspicious at this point and Jeremy's words came back to me.
~"Once people get here all they want to do is get out..."~
And I certainly wanted to get out.
The dream skipped to the next morning where Mom said happily to me, "Good morning!"
I replied as I walked down the stairs, "You have got to transfer me back to my old school. Something's going on there, and it's freaking me out."
"But it's only your first day! Give it a chance," she said.
I a agreed to give it a week.
The teachers knew I was a threat to their system so they all gave me failing grades. In AP English, we'd taken a test on Slaughterhouse Five, which I'd read twice and was sure I'd got every correct answer. But I got a failing grade anyway so I asked the teacher if I could see the test. She refused, so I knew I must not be conforming to their rules.
That was the end of the dream, but it was extremely creepy. Any thoughts?



5 comments:
Hmm......weird dream....maybe you're afraid that you WILL drop out of something?
Slaughterhouse Five... now what IS that about?
Very interesting dream. Seems like you know what you want, but people and systems are getting in the way.
Very odd warning though. And the whole chorus outfit... *frowns* Highly suspicious.
I think its proof that MY indotrinating is working and we should fight the power together ;)
I've had similar though, after my ma told me about transfering to North Catholic and after reading The Chocolate War
Yeah, that's what the dream made me think of!
I would think it's just a working out of anxiety. I suspect you have a natural need to be yourself and rebel against the expectatiopns of others, whilst still feeling concerned at the prospect of rejection. I think most intelligent and free-spirited people go through that occasionally. Suggest you work on being centred and confident, and guard against arrogance when you get older. I've found that tends to be the next stage.
Post a Comment