CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Colors of Music

Arina played the ferns. They sprung up with a mellow bounce of the bow from soft piles of baseline dirt. Fronds curled as the melody twisted and suddenly sunlight filled the meadow! Kristov's fingers twirled around his viola, plucking out stars and stretching the rays of the sun one whole note at a time. he smiled at Arina, who continued to sweep across the meadow floor so that an infinite number of tiny roots started to sprout. Kristov glissed down his string and a sprinkling dew adorned leafy buds, glimmering in the sunlight.

Then Rose brought her bow to her violin and started playing a light, summery melody. Petals opened and the sun ripened with the viola harmony. The meadow was now a beaming forest with a tropical wind blowing a mournful tune through the leaves of adagio lilac trees.
All three players nodded to ben. He opened his first-violin sheet music and sat up straight, placing his bow on the instrument. Rose smiled to herself when he caught her eye in a mischievous glance.
Grass tips were turning lavender at Arina's melody, and blue-tinged clouds flew low over the rising foliage when suddenly-
A cascade of butterflies trilled out from the forest floor, sweeping in random glossy patterns of thirtysecond notes. Palm trees burst from hiding places, ripples and waterfalls spread into ponds and trickled through the music.
A warm breeze wafted through the forest and lifted up all the sheet music, bearing it away on itself into the coming sunset.
"Ahhhh," the world sighed contentedly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is high time to state that our interest is different. We wrote our last posts almost in the same time about entirely different things.

lucy said...

Wow, did you write this? It's amazing, Maria!

Btw, I like your new blog theme :)

JJ said...

I'm echoing Lucy. A rare imagination. One long metaphor - unusual and artistically mature. And rather lovely, too.

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: Yes, we are completely different. And yet, each of us has a passion for writing, albeit about different things. Interesting, isn't it?
Lucy: Thanks! And I like it too, it feels very peaceful, which is something I could use right now...
JJ Beazley: Thanks as well!
Praise means a lot coming from you guys, since I know you both are very good writers and thinkers.

Vizarya said...

Hahaha, very hectic, but I see where you were going with this. You should try making a small movie or clip with this in mind... I imagine conveying the ideas in a less cluttered manner will be much easier.

The world sighing at the end? Most amusing.

Maria Sondule said...

Ann Michelle: A movie clip would be really cool, but I have no idea how to do that. For the animation portion of my Comp Arts class all i could do was rotoscoping, and even that didn't turn out so well. :P

Vizarya said...

Practice, practice! And a ton of inspiration ;D You'll figure out something eventually. No one said you had to make a movie with it now~