CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inflated Egos

Senior pictures are bound to make heads swell. The photographer I went to utilized the light so well that it actually made me look good! (and I never look good in pictures) The company's also going to delete the bags under my eyes, so that will make me feel even better... and plus we get to choose 20 pictures out of about fifty. So in the end, I'll feel like a model and assume that whenever I stick my nose up at something it becomes low-end fashion.

The blog follower count also rose to 36, which is astounding, since only 32 people follow my blog. Ha! Even Computer phantoms enjoy my writing!
So thanks to all you invisible (and visible) followers. I'd like to ask you in advance not to let my ego get too big.
(of course, it's probably already too late to save me...)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj0xo0bOIXV3ru3HYqtdJoiSXQ5bdzdHIJGWFvrbTowZT48Ohm7AbRrGvKMK2P70SvDcLdZBRzTUEZ3V_ZqhAEjA9vBFjlodSwrXKYbgpRc4utX5AwWRLsfePM3tabwBFOlMIg5TLZBqj0/s1600-r/ghost-in-the-machine.jpg

6 comments:

Lexi said...

cool about your photograph! and i love the pic!

Anonymous said...

My ex girlfriend told me that I look strict on my graduation photo. I don't look good on photos but it is so nice that I use it as a facebook main picture. :)

neonina05 said...

Haha! Congrats about the followers and the photos.

JJ said...

Are you serious? Do you really want your ego held in check? This gives me a difficulty. I like you, Maria, and I like the fact that you put kind comments on my blog. But you did extend the invitation, and I can't resist invitations. So here's what I think.

From what I've seen of American high school photos, they're bloody awful. They make the girls look like Stepford wives and the boys look like shop window dummies with plastic wigs.

Second point: as any photographer knows very well, you can't really tell from a photograph what somebody looks like. So anybody with even a modicum of discernment treats them with a big pinch of salt.

Third point: any photograph which you think flatters you is unlikely to bolster your ego, since you know the truth of the matter.

Maria, I do hope this doesn't offend. I really do.

Maria Sondule said...

Hahaha, your comment made me laugh.
I hope you're right about the second point, because I rarely look good in photos.

Vizarya said...

*laughs* I've decided not to put up a Followers widget for the sheer fact that I know of numerous invisible people who check out my blog *grins*

Awesome that you have such a wonderful count going, though ;D

As for the Senior Photos - you've kind of just reminded me of my own appointment... Argh. Great, yet another thing to worry about ^_^;