CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Go Now my Love


Go now my love,

my truth above
to fill the blessed vial
with sweet sweet onion dressing.
Let the garlic trickle,
allow the scent to tickle
but take care
the creamy dousing down not
overflow.

8 comments:

JJ said...

THis has something, Maria. Wit. apart from anything else. You gor soul.

Anonymous said...

Do you know what I realised today? You take love too seriously. You are between 15-20 according to my estimations. You are young, fresh, probably good looking. Why do you rush? As my chief says when I play Nascar 06 on Xbox: Nice and easy, buddy!

JJ said...

My gosh, there's one mega essay on this subject!

I should have checked my last comment for typos, ahouldn't I?

Vizarya said...

Hahahaha...
The photograph puts EVERYTHING in perspective. At first I was a bit edgy and wary with the title, but then I looked at the accompanying photo and burst out laughing outright (I can do that, people can't give me funny looks if they're well-enough away).

The "trickle"/"tickle" part struck me as adorable. And while it was interesting trying to interpret the piece as a whole without the picture, I had more fun imagining you in a kitchen, eying every last drop of your precious sauce as you meticulously contained it - watching with hawkish eyes to ensure that not a single drop was lost.

Was this inspired by something homemade or your Subway experiences thus far?

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: what do you mean? What am I rushing? My theory is that in order to find the right person eventually, you have to give the other relationships your all so you can find out about yourself and what you want.
Anyway, this poem isn't about love at all, I used it in this poem because I thought it was ironic.
Ann Michelle: yeah, this is about my job. I'm constantly having to fill up the dressing jars at the front counter, so I wrote a li'l poem about it. It was supposed to be a spoof of Inisfree, but I couldn't find the poem and I was too lazy to look it up at the time.

JJ said...

Like I said - witty. It made me smile, anyway.

Lexi said...

love this!

LiL MiSS MUFFET said...

love this.
thanks for the comment btw