Am I worrying too much about my job? Every day I walk in wondering if I'm about to be fired. Lucky (code name for my boss) has a problem with almost everything I do, so I fell as if I'm too much of a nuisance to do everything right. I try to learn as fast as I can though. I memorized the sandwiches, and I ask questions when I'm not sure about stuff. A friend of mine related that when he got a job at Wendy's he got the hang of it after a couple days. It's been 4 days and I still don't know everything. however, I'm not the worst employee. A girl Subway just hired a few days ago apparently left the store and hasn't called or come back. Maybe she "ran away" too, like the Chinese guy I replaced.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Incinerated
However, if she left, that means that Subway is still left with klutzy me and I know I make probably 10 mistakes a day, like putting the wrong kind of dressing in the dressing container. Blah. (the sweet onion and the garlic dressings look exactly the same though. I'm sure someone else would've done the same thing.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Aw, don't worry, Maria! I'm sure you're alright- anyway, like you said, you're new, and you're still learning. I'm sure you'll get the hang of things very soon. Good luck! ;)
dont worry! maybe you're just a little paranoid? if not, you'll be fine, give it time!
Sounds to me like Subway is a typical modern, cheapskate employer - don't bother spending time and money on proper training, and then blame the new staff for making mistakes.
I've been in this situation loads of times. It's perfectly normal, and one day everything falls into place and becomes second nature. The same thing happens when you learn to drive.
And you haven't run away yet, have you? That in itself must give you some cuedos.
I love Subway! Ate dinner there tonight. Had a meatball 6 inch. I must have asked for too many veggies on it. It was SO messy! But really good.
Post a Comment