CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Maria's Inferno: Canto VII

As the wood swung behind

us, the wailing sounds grew dim.
Here was silence of a kind

that forces shivers up the limbs.
We were in a narrow tunnel
lit by candles round the slim

edges of its path. All
I could see at first were dirty walls.
"This circle is full

of people who had the gall
to not give to those in need,"
Anne said. "Throughout this hall

you will see them trapped. Heed
my every word, for some
are so consumed with greed

that they will beckon you to come."
She led me along
the path, and I started to hum.

We had not travelled long
before I thought I saw a shadow move
and realized something must be wrong.

What I had taken for a groove
was indeed a human standing tall
pushing as if to prove

himself. But see- he was inside the wall
of muck. I gasped
as his face pushed into the hall

and the figure rasped,
"Help me please!"
And he grasped

my sweaty hand and squeezed
but Anne tore
his hand away. "Do not appease

the damned, I implore."
And the man, with a shriek
sank into the wall once more.

I nodded with weak
knees. And the silence resumed
as we walked on. I dared not peek

sideways as the walls loomed
over us, for fear of being frightened.
By the time we had zoomed

to the end of the hall, my anxiety had heightened.

2 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

And the saga continues. You should plan some kind of shock/twist ending. That would be very cool but maybe not in the style of Dante. Or you could just "swoon".

Vizarya said...

Whoa.

SO creepy... it's good. @_@ You are excellent at these!

How do you come up with the ideas for each piece? I'd only manage maybe one, let alone SEVEN! O.O