CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

All the Small Things

My uncle loooves to go on bike rides, and whenever we visit him, it's inevitable that we go on some longer-than-necessary trip. Last year, I agreed to go on a ride with he and my cousins, and I was the slowest of the bunch. There was no doubt I was working twice as hard to keep up with the rest of the group. An effort like that would get me full points in gym and the respect of my teacher, but when we passed a fellow biker going the opposite way, he sneered at me and said "Slowpoke!"

Yesterday, I was riding up a hill, working just as hard, going just as slow. One of those guys who looks like they're in a bike race passed me, and gave the thumbs up.
I'll let you decide the moral for yourself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to ride a bike a lot but in the past years I haven't done it.

Anonymous said...

My mom forbade me to ride a bike after an incident with a brakes, a river and a small dog! Luckily nobody was hurt apart from me!

Jennybeans x

Vizarya said...

YAY! Perseverance :D You go girl! Forget those snotty boys with rude excuses for being human - who needs 'em anyway :)

Angie said...

I miss biking up the hills in Pennsylvania. Louisiana is FLAT. But we do get some pretty tough headwinds sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! You've won an award! Go to my blog to receive it!

changetheworld360 said...

The moral is: Yeah! I'm awesome! Take that, idiot boys who think I'm slow.
Er...maybe something more philosophical. ;)