CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why Car Washes are Dangerous


I was at a local organization and we were having a car wash. This guy's SUV pulls in to help us wash cars, and this other silver car comes barreling down the road and smashes into it. THe SUV goes spinning into the stop sign, bending it in half, and then somehow loses a wheel. There is an instantaneous "pop" as the airbags are deployed.

Yes, I witnessed an accident. It was kinda freaky, and for a moment we stood there, not knowing what to do. Then 2 of the guys ran over to get medical help.
I was so stunned- an accident, there? Now? It was so mind-boggling because the car pulling in hadn't been doing anything wrong but it crashed anyway.
Thankfully, both drivers were safe. One had to go to the hospital for minor head injuries, and the other was fine. The SUV was fine too, but the silver car's front had crumpled into itself and a tow truck had to be called. The police came and everything, but they didn't ask us any questions.
La la la...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see in the background that the road was wet. I guess the driver didn't calculate with that.

Anonymous said...

It's really lucky that nobody was hurt!

Jennybeans x

Vizarya said...

Wow... that's... interesting. In Driver's Ed we're going over a unit that deals with drinking and driving - so there are a lot of crashes to speak of.

O_O