CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Father-Daughter

A word of memory: Goodbye Beau. I shall miss you. *sniff*


Yesterday I went to see The Curious case of Benjamin Button with my dad. He wanted to see Day the Earth Stood Still, but I wrinkled my nose at it and managed to persuade him to see Benjamin Button with me. It was actually a pretty good movie. I was predisposed towards the main character because of his name (Benjamin sounds kind of child-like and innocent, right? And honorable) and Brad Pitt did not disappoint in the role. He's usually in movies with a lot of action and stuff, which this movie did NOT have at all. The special effects that aged Benjamin backwards were very good and made the movie much better. (and now we'll know what Brad'll look like as an old man!) The only thing that I didn't like was that Daisy got pregnant at some ridiculous age. 43 I think? And the fact that Benjamin left Daisy without even letting her have a say. She wasn't even mad about it later!
Dad did not like the movie. I did. It reminded me of Forrest Gump. 

I really hope that 2009 is better than 2008, even though 2008 was probably the best year of my life so far. There were so many wonderful moments, and so many new things that I experienced! Of course, 2008 was also the most turbulent year I've experienced so far. Terrific highs were followed by black holes to be followed right back with ladders going up to heaven. I met some people, and lost them in time. I still wonder if something different would've happened, had I reacted differently....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all know how girls persuade. :D Please show my sorry to your dad.

Maria Sondule said...

LOLOLOL!!! Wow, Ropi, you make me laugh. How girls persuade....

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

Young Maria, trust me, it is not at all impossible to get pregnant at age 43. Keep that in mind in 30years.

Maria Sondule said...

But there's a lot less chance of it than when you're younger. Plus the statistical birth defect rate goes through the roof!

Vizarya said...

You know, a lot of people at my school saw that movie. We even had to act it out in Drama (but I hadn't seen it, so we had a hilarious discussion about it before we did our tableau).

Don't you find it interesting how many things seem to happen when you have a blog in which to record experiences in?

Maria Sondule said...

Yeah, but I think that's because you pay more attention to things going on around you so that you can write them down later.

Vizarya said...

I guess that is one way of looking at it.

But, I mean, what I meant was that we experience so much without ever truly realizing how much. I mean, I knew life was exciting and stuff... but I didn't know it could be so action-packed until I started my blog about whatever I happened to remember. (Whoa, what if I wrote about EVERYTHING that happened? That's a scary thought. XD)

Maria Sondule said...

You have a very interesting life. I wish I were involved in more things so I could have those experiences and such.

Vizarya said...

You've got your own set of experiences I haven't ever had the chance of witnessing myself! So I suppose it is all fair. So long as we both continue to blog about what goes on, I'm sure none of us will miss out on too much =]