CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here's to Big Jerks

Beau e-mailed me- his phone is dead. 

Yesterday I tutored little kids again. It's really a rewarding experience- you have a lot of fun and it's relaxing at the same time. I sat with the same people as last time, two boys in fourth grade, and they said, "You're the first one who hasn't lied." 
I asked what they meant and they replied, "They never come back." (meaning the tutors)
Aw, that's so heartbreaking! 
It's so strange how they can seem so mature on minute and so young the next. Like, they tease each other just like teens tease each other, (with the same words too) but when I ask them our state's capitol, they have no idea. 
I also started Forensics yesterday, which is a public speaking/arguing class. Delia and JZ (this cute li'l short kid who only comes up to about my chest) are in my class, but so is Evan H, who is a big jerk. Here's to big jerks! We took "genius tests" (what is 30 divided by 1/2 then by 10? See if you can get it. The purpose is to trick you) which was fun. 
Oh, and I saw Ford again for the first time since Mock Trial! We had a ten second conversation. Sigh. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius equation= 6 (30/(1/2) is the same as multiplication by 2 which is 60 and it is divided by 10 is 6).

What should I do with you?? ... Ok, let's just forget it but don't expect me to praise your country.

Emma C. said...

6... That's what I got and it was confirmed by looking at Ropi's comment.

Awwww bless... how sweet. I love little kids!

changetheworld360 said...

Have fun with Forensics class!
Tutoring sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I've had some bad experiences with it...but I guess they were amusing too!

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: Yay!! Yes, it's 6, some people said 1.5, which is incorrect.

Anonymous said...

As far as I know his statue is in front of the White House but I am not sure. He gave a great strenght of Hungary to the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_de_Kovats

Ps. I am on advanced Maths

Vizarya said...

Those kids you tutor seem to be a nice batch XD Very thoughtful-ish.

Woohoo for Forensics, btw :) I Wonder how it's an arguing/speaking class, though...

Maria Sondule said...

Well, the Forensics TEAM is a debate team sort of, but the class is focused more on public speaking. We do take some stuff from the debate part of it though.

Emma C. said...

I just work in a little shop... Just sells food and general home stuff really like cleaning stuff. 'Tis boring...

=(

Zany said...

Kudos on tutoring. It is a very rewarding experience. And, I got 6 too.
And, you met a guy who could talk for 10 whole seconds!!! WOW!!! Sorry, a bit bitter about men these days :).

Vizarya said...

That's pretty neat =) I just got confused cuz I was thinking CSI-ish stuff when I read forensics ^_^;